Customers seek an engaging and rewarding shopping experience for retail interactions, both online and in-store. Research shows retail capabilities most valued by shoppers are: the ability to check stock availability before visiting a store, the ability to buy or reserve a product via smartphone and collect in-store, stored profile information that’s easily accessible across all channels, as well as a consistent, personalised shopping experience across all channels. Mobile technology offers retailers an agile approach to Cx and Omnichannel Capability with the flexibility to make changes as and when needed.
5 ways in which mobile enables Cx and Omnichannel Capability in-store:
- Merge your retail channels: over 75% of digital shoppers report that their in-store experience is the most important channel to making a purchase – tie your ecommerce and brick and mortar store together on one device to offer a seamless experience.
- Put a mobile POS into the hands of the users in the store: save queueing time, and free up floor space to showcase products and services, accept multiple tender types anywhere within the store. Combining mPOS with enterprise mobility allows retailers to use one device for all in-store functions.
- Enable endless aisle and click-and-collect: ecommerce running on mobile enables product lookups, availability, ordering, IBTs and dispatching to fulfil on cross-channel orders. Associates can source products from anywhere within the enterprise and enable delivery at a location most convenient for your customer.
- Enable shopping as an experience: provide personalised customer service and accompany customers for the duration of their in-store journey from accessing product information through to accepting payment on the floor.
- Create a cohesive retail brand across channels: sales associates are retail’s brand ambassadors – provide them with mobile access to reliable data and leverage advanced analytics features to enhance interactions with your customers.
Retail today is the sum of digital and in-person experiences, with customers seeking seamless experiences that deliver on a personal level. The challenge for retailers lies in implementing effective technology that facilitates this journey. Mobile is one of the retail-ready tools that can be used in-store to enable omnichannel simply and effectively, and deliver a delightful customer experience.